This forum is for my family to discuss and talk about whatever. Anyone else looking at it, I'd prefer you didn't look but if I can't stop you, then I can't stop you. Please don't if I can't.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Main Forum Terms

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Main Forum Terms on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:15 pm

admin

Admin
The following are the most common terms for an online forum that might not be obvious:

Emoticon: A small image representing an emotion such as Very Happy

Post: Basically the group of text each person types. All of the terms, and the title is one post. Anything you reply to this, is one post. Posts exist in topics.

PM: Also known as Private Message shortened, this is a message you send to someone of the forum but others can't see it. Email can do this too.

Thread: A thread is the place in which the topics exist. For example, the thread for here is "Forums..."

Topic: A topic is the main place of discussion for a topic. Topics exist in threads. The topic's name of this is "Main Forum Terms"

The order of which the forum leads to just a single post has this hierarchy: Forum > Thread > Topic > Post

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

http://aspecialfamilyforum.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum