This forum is for my family to discuss and talk about whatever. Anyone else looking at it, I'd prefer you didn't look but if I can't stop you, then I can't stop you. Please don't if I can't.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why???????????

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Why??????????? on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:43 am

Ima Pealover

Why do bad things happen to good people?

2 Re: Why??????????? on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:50 am

EccentricPhilosopher

I have many answers, none necessarily true, or I believe in them:

1. Because they aren't truly good
  2. They are so nice and thinking about others, they forget to notice the bad things
  3. To test their faith in goodness

3 Re: Why??????????? on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:53 am

Ima Pealover

Interesting answers, EccentricPhilly. here's another question... Why do good things happen to bad people?

4 Re: Why??????????? on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:56 am

EccentricPhilosopher

More answers!:

1. To try to get them to be good
  2. Because they don't appreciate them, it's truly bad
  3. They don't, it's just thought to
  4. To make up for the bad things in their life

5 Re: Why??????????? on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:13 am

hazzmta

why do bad things happen to good people?
why do good things happen to bad people?

maybe because there is no force which correlates events and circumstances to a person. therefore, being good does not make it less likely that bad things will happen to you.

6 Re: Why??????????? on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:21 am

Ima Pealover

That seems very logical to me, hazzmta. However, I tend to think that there really is bad karma and good karma. Just if you do enough bad things in life, there are negative repercussions that will come back to haunt you. Same with good things you do in life. They seem to add up and it is more likely good karma will come your way.

7 Re: Why??????????? on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:52 am

vicster

Maybe "karma" boils down to that if you put negativity out into the world it is naturally going to return negativity to you and vice versa. So it just seems like life is easier and better for the people who treat others nicely and do what they're supposed to. But maybe Todd is right about why good things happen to bad people and vice versa. Maybe it is because some events are simply random and have no correlation to your actions, like natural disasters and other things we have no control of. Imagine an ant getting stepped on and thinking "Why did I get stepped on? I am a nice ant and I do my ant duties". Perhaps he didn't get stepped on because he was a bad ant, but because he just happened to be there when someone put their foot down?

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/VictoriaClark&ToddAycock

8 Re: Why??????????? on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:20 am

Ima Pealover

Very well said, vicster. I love your ant analogy. And so true. Look at all the innocents in Haiti. They just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, via no fault of their own.

9 Re: Why??????????? on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 am

vicster

Haiti's a good example, IP. I'm sure there were both good and bad people who were affected by the earth quake. It doesn't seem like karma comes into play. Did you hear about the evangelical t.v. preacher that said that this happened to Haiti because they made a pact with the devil?

10 Re: Why??????????? on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Ima Pealover

yes, that was evangelical Christian preacher Pat Robertson- he has a tv show! He said cuz the Haitians practice voodoo that they made a pact with the devil, so this earthquake was their punishment from God. Wow. If he would have checked his facts, he would have found that even though many do practice voodoo, most are also Christian. But, I guess they are not as good of Christians as Pat Robertson cuz he didn't have an earthquake erupt under him. No

11 Re: Why??????????? on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:45 pm

vicster

Stay tuned to find out if karma really exists as we wait to see if an earthquake erupts under Pat Robinson. Smile

12 Re: Why??????????? on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:09 am

EccentricPhilosopher

Film at 11. Very Happy

13 Re: Why??????????? on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 am

Ima Pealover

Haha! Pat Robertson is in for a surprise! Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum