This forum is for my family to discuss and talk about whatever. Anyone else looking at it, I'd prefer you didn't look but if I can't stop you, then I can't stop you. Please don't if I can't.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opinions on Government

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Opinions on Government on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:04 am

vicster

Government - Good? bad? A necessary evil? What would our world be like without it? One of the original founders of the government in America said government is the only thing that gives any order and sanity to the human condition. Without it he thought it would be chaos and everybody running around killing each other. True?

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/VictoriaClark&ToddAycock

2 Re: Opinions on Government on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:36 am

Ima Pealover

Good new post, vicster. I'm eager to hear what EccentricPhilly has to say cuz he has read a lot of books on dystopias and utopias.

I say we have to have government because otherwise people will engage in anarchy and will take advantage of the weaker members. Government, when it is good, levels the playing field and tries to bring equity for all, and it supports the weaker members so they can survive. Government can advance a society because it brings cohesiveness to the group it governs and then the society can accomplish more and attain greater prosperity and advance its civilization.

of course, when governments are bad, none of this may happen. Or, it may even regress the society it is supposedly there to advance.

3 Re: Opinions on Government on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:33 am

vicster

Very good points, IP.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/VictoriaClark&ToddAycock

4 Re: Opinions on Government on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:40 pm

hazzmta

i honestly don't know. either way, bad and selfish people are going to try to abuse the system to take control of everyone else. i guess it's harder for them to do this in a republic form of government than anarchy.

5 Re: Opinions on Government on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:13 am

EccentricPhilosopher

It is hard to say all my thoughts on this, but here's a starting:

What does a government do? Control or manage? Split or unite? Act or think? Care or pretend to?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum